Mingming (>^.^<)
I hurriedly approached the door to open it and rushed outside his flat.
I felt the midnight breeze brushing against my skin while he's staring blankly at me.
His eyes mirrored the confusion battling inside his mind.
Then he suddenly moved towards me and grabbed my arm tightly pulling me inside.
I resisted but his stare overpowered my will to abandon him.

I softly uttered, "I finally found the courage to walk out of your life.."

The deafening cry of silence filled the air. The pain reflected in my face wasn't
even half of what I was feeling inside. The tears started glistening my eyes.

"..but i forgot to take my heart with me."

Then, he let go of my hand without any words spoken.
Every step away from where he stood was shattering the sanity in me..

The turn of events over the decades has almost forgotten that night.
I glanced at the window of my room and saw my own reflection..
The wind chimed bringing a scent familiar to my sense.
I murmured to myself, "the most genuine love is the one that is sweetly surrendered and sacrificed.. just like ours."

He softly whispered to my ear, "just like ours.."
0 Responses

Post a Comment